image converter tube
An electron tube that produces on its fluorescent screen an image of the @I03255@ pattern of its photosensitive input surface. An image converter which produces an image with enhanced @R05037@ is sometimes called an image intensifier.
PAC, 1995, 67, 1745. (Nomenclature, symbols, units and their usage in spectrochemical analysis-XI. Detection of radiation (IUPAC Recommendations 1995)) on page 1758 [Terms] [Paper]