plateau border

in surface chemistry
Except for free-floating bubbles, films have to be supported by frames, bulk surfaces or other films. The transition zone separating these from the @F02366@ proper, always containing some bulk liquid, is called a plateau border.
PAC, 1972, 31, 577. (Manual of Symbols and Terminology for Physicochemical Quantities and Units, Appendix II: Definitions, Terminology and Symbols in Colloid and Surface Chemistry) on page 613 [Terms] [Paper]